Volunteers are always needed and welcomed!
Several volunteer responsibilities include:
- Working at the Circulation Desk where you will help patrons return and check out materials.
- Shelving materials so that all our patrons have the opportunity to use our resources.
- Processing books, DVDs, CDs. . . and more.
- Organizing our annual Book Fair.
- Helping student and adult patrons choose interesting and appropriate materials for pleasure reading and/or research.
- Assisting classes in our Computer Lab.
- Reading to classes.
- Working on reading motivation programs with our students.
- Preparing for our annual author visit.
If you are interested, please contact us at 847.498.4100, extension 34.
Another opportunity for you to become involved with your Library/LRC is to join our Parent Volunteer Readers’ program. As a member of this team, a parent is invited to read to his/her children’s classes. Contact your librarian, Karen Wadler, at 847.498.4100, extension 34, if you would like to schedule a date to participate.